Sunday, March 25, 2012

Nap Time

Nap Time

It’s rainy season over here, which translates to a lot of napping. Today I slept the whole afternoon. Which, in turn, translates to late nights and restless hours. I really like rainy season. When it downpours, no one does anything and everything is called off. It’s a lazy person’s dream! Usually, I feel guilty after naps. I don’t like sleeping during daylight hours and, ya know, not contributing to society. But sometimes, when I feel like I’ve accomplished something already that day, like the dishes or the laundry, I can enjoy the nap a lot more. But I hate waking up when it’s dark out, or almost dark. I think it’s one of my least favorite feelings that exist. When it happens I feel like a total bum, like I’ve completely wasted one of my earthly God-given days. But when I nap right, like when I sleep for an hour or two and it feels like a full night’s sleep and I wake up and there’s still plenty of daylight to do stuff and one day then feels like two different days, that’s the best. Like I’ve doubled my money at the poker table.

Today I didn’t mean to fall asleep. But I’d already taught my classes at school and cleaned the kitchen, so I didn’t feel too guilty. And the sky was pissing like a racehorse for a good two hours and I happened to be reading in bed with a little baby kitten curled up on my chest. It was a recipe for disaster (read “solid nap”). Now I’m up and refreshed with the cat bouncing energetically around the room chasing bugs…and it’s the middle of the night. Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment