Friday, September 28, 2012

Perspicacious


Perspicacious.  Having or showing penetrating mental discernment; clear-sighted.  Synonyms, see Stacey Neilson.  That’s me!

Took another practice GRE today.   It was a doozy. I chose to take the one the official GRE website has as an example of the new paper-based test.  And damn, that thing is WAY harder than the practice questions in the study books.  WAY harder!  Most of their sentences in the verbal section don’t make sense at all.  And half of it is reading comprehension passages, which I do NOT comprehend.

But I owned it!  Well, not the verbal, I’m still missing 16% of the questions on that one.  But I kicked ass on math!  I missed 3 out of 50 questions (or 6%).  Which, if the equivalency charts comparing the new scores to the old scores are correct, I’m in the 94th+ percentile, which is actually equivalent to a 790-800 on the old test (the best score you can get)!  It’s HUGE!  And even though I’m not performing as well as I’d like to on the verbal, I’m still in the 91st percentile, apparently.  I’m gonna own this thing next month!  Suck it, grad school!

1 comment: