Monday, March 19, 2012

Doggie Depression

Doug is displaying classic signs of depression – loss of appetite, loss of engagement in things that used to bring interest, loss of energy, increase in amount of time sleeping, morose attitude. He’s hardly touched his nsima for over two weeks and he’ll only play with me and his Frisbee for 5 minutes before losing interest. He doesn’t come when he’s called and he won’t move a muscle when the cat hunts his tail. I don’t know what to do!!!

I thought it started when I put his flea medication on his back and he ingested too much of it. But that was almost three weeks ago. He might still be jealous of and feel replaced by the cat. But how do I fix that one?! It’s still Mommy-and-Me time when we go to school and I’ve been giving him treats and attention and let him sleep in the bed with me when he isn’t so dirty. But he still won’t eat! I haven’t seen him wag his tail or growl at the cat in so long! Any ideas?!

No comments:

Post a Comment