Saturday, February 25, 2012

Out with the Old, In with the Chew

After mourning the loss of little Nyama, I have now successfully acquired a new kitten! Chewy, as in Chewbaca (I’m also hoping the name will encourage her to chew on the mice that are eating all my tuperware). She looks just like him, if here were a tiny calico kitten. She whines a lot like him too. Like a lot, she never shuts up. And she’s vicious. She’s almost got Doug beat in Ruler of the House. He knows that even though she is a fraction of his size, she is meaner and badder than he’ll ever be, with his floppy ears and his puppy dog eyes. She’ll march right up to him, hiss, swipe, and eat his food before he can even lower his tail. Actually, I’m a little worried she’s crazy. When she eats she makes this “nom nom” noise like a man-eating monster. Last night she decided to throw up all over my bed and my room, step in it with all four paws AND drag her tail through it, and track it all over the house. Didn’t even phase her. But she IS a supreme cuddler. Not last night though, she was banned from the bed in all her vomit glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment