Saturday, February 18, 2012

Garlic Sauce

In the most recent package my parents sent me a gallon Ziploc bag of garlic sauce. The story goes like this: they requested some garlic sauce at the pizza place for their daughter. The pizza place said “they’re 50 cents each”. The mom and dad said “rephrase, we want garlic sauce for our daughter in the Peace Corps in Africa.” The pizza place went into the back and returned with a bag of garlic sauces for the mom and dad’s daughter in Africa fo’ free!

I want to make note of how wonderful garlic sauce really is. In the year I have been away from These United State, garlic sauce has, in fact, not lost its tasty glory. It is exactly how I remember it. Garlic-y, buttery, salty, saucy. I would drink it. I would! But it just complements bread so well!

Also, shout out to my grandparents! Major props on the package! The salami!!! And the cheese!!! I had a glorious valentine’s day in which I splurged on whole wheat crackers in Mzuzu and sat making little cracker, cheese, salami tower sandwiches. Doug was also in cheese heaven, licking the cheese wrappers. And those tortillas were a great bonus! Quesadillas topped with quacamole made with avocados from my tree outside! It was almost TOO good to eat. But I ate it. Yes, I ate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment