Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Arrival of the Counterparts

Text messages between me and an environment friend
Him: “Bet y’all are bored over there now that we’ve left”
Me: “ Bored? Hardly. Now we have our counterparts here to entertain us with endless awkwardness.”

Here’s my favorite so far:
We were asked to pair up with someone we didn’t know and introduce each other to the group including one interesting fact. The guy introducing my friend decided that of all the interesting facts she told him about herself, the one he chose to include would go something like this, “…and as big as she is, she is not yet married.” Oh, god.

Anna Gomani, an HSA at my health center, is here as my counterpart. She is one of six women among 14 men. I can foresee us being legitimate friends in the future, but I’m still providing a lot of the awkwardness in our particular relationship. But she is wonderful, answering questions in class and getting friendly with the other counterparts. I think she is really psyched about being here, hopefully this week’s sessions won’t be crossword-worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment