Tuesday, September 27, 2011

IST Presentations

Nothing like two hours of presentations by my fellow health volunteers about what they are doing at site to make you feel inadequate. Kate is working with the CDC testing Malaria medication and resistance trends to advise the Malawian Health Administration on which medication is best. Katie Shae is designing and implementing a training program for nurses selected to work in the new and only fully-equipped ICU in Malawi. Elizabeth spent a month running 100 twenty-minute in-home interviews with Malawian families in her catchment area, compiling 40 pages of relevant hard data. Matt has already built a science lab for his secondary school and is sending out grants for computers. Kudos to all those guys, but just WAIT till you see my 50kg bags of manure! Yeah! Cow poop! No but really, a lot of people are already doing exceptional work and I’m really impressed. I also got a lot of positive feedback and some oo’s and ah’s for my presentation. And even though I was talking WAY too fast for any of the Malawians to understand, they loved my hilario pictures of Doug. Had ‘um rolling on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment