Friday, August 17, 2012

Peanut Butter

The rains are over and I’ve just brought in my groundnut harvest from my back garden. So many peanuts! They grew the best out of everything I planted. Actually, most of what I planted was seriously overrun by weeds and died while I was away. But my groundnuts! Doug helped me dig them up. A combination of his favorite things, peanuts, digging, eating dirt, and getting filthy. How to make delicious homemade peanut butter: 1. Spend about a year of your life cracking the shells and taking out the peanuts. 2. Roast peanuts over dry heat for about 45 minutes until they start to sizzle as the oil comes out. 3. Pound the crap out of the roasted peanuts with a mortar and pestle until you develop several blisters. To make creamier peanut butter, pound in extra oil. 4. Add a wee bit of sugar and salt and enjoy! 5. Allow doggie to lick the bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment